Sunday, May 29, 2016

Counterpoint: Google’s use of Material Design on iOS is great (even though I hate it)


A recent bit of commentary from Macworld posits that Google’s use of Material Design on iOS is a mistake. Another site piled on, going so far as to call it “dumb” and “rude.” The main takeaway is that design can be divisive, and is always subjective. Material Design is no different, but there needs to be a lot of chill on this one. I don’t need to like it So, here’s some personal insight: I fucking hate Material Design. I think it’s too reliant on dumbed-down, wannabe ‘clever’ animations and feigned shadowing. It tries way too hard to look like it’s…

This story continues at The Next Web



Uncategorized



Counterpoint: Google’s use of Material Design on iOS is great (even though I hate it)

No comments:

Post a Comment