Saturday, April 22, 2017

Don’t let cloud providers kick you off like United

As everyone knows, last week a United Airlines passenger was asked to deplane because the airline overbooked and needed his seat for a staff member, then was dragged off the plane by Chicago airport cops when he refused to leave. Yes, the passenger didn’t follow the rules, but the situation ultimately was United’s fault.


Believe it or not, what happened at United is an object lesson for any business that signs up for cloud services. I’ll explain shortly.


Back in 2007, I boarded a United flight that was overbooked, and I was asked to deplane as a result. It was inconvenient and humiliating. However, I didn’t go limp, and the cops didn’t drag me bleeding off the flight.


To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here


InfoWorld Cloud Computing



Don’t let cloud providers kick you off like United

No comments:

Post a Comment